Broken Links are dead or deleted links, browsers throw 404 error page to the users when they visit. The question here is, broken link (404 error) is really bad? The simple answer is No. But there are better ways to handle this error.
- 410 Error page: Search engines likes 410 error more than the 404. De-indexing rate is faster.
- 301 permanent redirect: If you have an alternative page, redirect them to that page. This option also saves your existing traffic.
These are the Best Free Broken Link (404 Error) Checker Tool for your blog/website. Use this tool to check your site regularly and fix the error as early as possible to avoid losing your traffic.
Best Free Broken Link (404 Error) Checker Tool for Your Blog/Website
1) Online Broken Link Checker
Online Broken Link Checker scans your webpages for dead hyperlinks. The tool checks both internal & external link and provides reports of bad links. The tool is completely free and can analyze unlimited number of pages. The tool has a soft limit, at a time it checks for 3000 links. If you need more than 3000 enter subpage in the search box.
- Can scan an unlimited number of web-pages
- Validates both internal and external URLs
- soft limit of 3000 links, at a time it checks for 3000 links
2) Dead Link Checker
Dead Link Checker crawls through your website, identifying broken links for you to correct. Dead Link Checker offers three services:
- Site Checker - This free service checks for broken links on one website. It has a hard limit of 2000 links.
- Multi-Site Checker - Another service which checks for broken links on multiple websites. This also has a total limit of 2000 links. Once the tool finishes the task it sends an email with all the broken links.
- Auto Checker: This is a premium service starts with a $9.95 per month. The basic premium plan offers broken link checking for 1-5 sites, up to 50,000 links/month.
- Validates both internal and external URLs.
- The paid version offers auto checking of the broken link without manual intervention.
- Free plan has limit of 2000 links
Best websites for Royalty Free CC0 Images (Free Commercial Use & Creative Commons Zero)
Websites with royalty-free creative commons zero (CC0) license Images for your blog, presentations or any commercial useThe pictures are free for personal and even for commercial use.You can modi...
What are the Best Cross-Platform Mobile Development Tools (Android + IOS)?
Code once and run on any platform. This is the promise of cross-platform development tools. You can build your codebase once, and then run the app on any platform. The native apps are created specific...
Best websites to follow for AI & Machine Learning news
If you are an AI enthusiast, looking for the latest Artificial Intelligence and machine learning news and blogs know what is happening around the world in the AI field, here is the list of Best Artifi...
Hosting .Net Core on Linux(Ubuntu) Amazon AWS Lightsail with MySQL - A Complete Guide
As .Net Core is an open-source, cross-platform framework we don't need to rely on windows (IIS) hosting platform. Now we have the option to host it on Linux using either Nginx or Apache as a webserver...
Selenium + Chrome WebDriver With .Net Core on Ubuntu
Selenium is the most used web application testing framework. It is also a widely used framework for web data scrapping. Selenium has support for all the major web browsers. This article explains how t...
Best Free Icon Font library for Commercial Use
Icon Fonts has become a goto standard for modern web design. They are easy to use and manage. Instead of keeping many png icons, these icons fonts can be rendered using one single CSS file. Advan...
Best Image Recognition APIs
The term image recognition refers to computer technology which uses machine learning and deep learning technics to identify people, animals, and other objects. There are many companies that ...
Collection of Best Free Image API (CC0 Royalty Free Stock Images API)
First, take look at how some of the world's best websites and applications use free stock image API in their platform. Medium one of the largest blogging platform allows image search using Unspla...
Blog Post Title Generators
Blog Post Title Generators
Fresh content is a king when it comes to search engine and SEO, A good looking title with a relevant keyword is a must. If you need in creating a title for your blog post, here is the list of Blog Pos...
Best Dictionary APIs (freemium - Free + Paid)
Are you a developer building an AI BOT or a game? Do you want dictionary data for learning and academic research purpose? Dictionary APIs allows the developer to build deferent types of applications. ...
Best Password Managers 2019 - Generate and Securely Store All Your Passwords
We do sign up for many web sites and it is very difficult to remember the usernames and passwords of all of them unless you decide to keep is the same. Keeping the same usernames and passwords for mul...
Best windows shared hosting provider
If you need a web server powered by Microsoft windows server and SQL database obvious choice is to go for windows web hosting. But if you have doubt like which one to choose, that depends on factors l...