Alternative (Similar) to Replit.
The collaborative browser-based IDE - Replit. Replit is a simple yet powerful online IDE, Editor, Compiler, Interpreter, and REPL. Code, compile, run, and host in 50+ programming languages. Run and save code anytime, anywhere on your browser. Replit works on every device with a web browser – including Chromebooks.
- Third-party packages
- Files and live updates
- Hosting and Deployment
- Replit Classroom: Powerful tools built to teach and learn, Invite students, Autograding and progress tracking, Share code and classrooms
- Embed running code on your website or blog.
Best Replit Alternatives
vscode.dev brings VS Code to the browser. Open a folder on your local machine and start coding. No install required. It supports all major languages with some limitations.
- Good: For most programming languages, vscode.dev gives you code syntax colorization, text-based completions, and bracket pair colorization. Using a Tree-sitter syntax tree, we're able to provide additional experiences such as Outline/Go to Symbol and Symbol Search for popular languages such as C/C++, C#, Java, PHP, Rust, and Go.
- Best: For many "webby" languages, such as JSON, HTML, CSS, and LESS, the coding experience in vscode.dev is nearly identical to the desktop (including Markdown preview!).
StackBlitz - The online code editor for web apps. It is powered by Visual Studio Code. StackBlitz brings VS Code’s state-of-the-art editing experience to the browser.
- Intellisense, Project Search, Go to Definitions, and other Visual Studio Code features
- Import any NPM package into your project
- Preview & debug in a separate window
- Keep on editing, even if you go offline: StackBlitz utilizes Progressive Web App API’s to run a live dev server in-browser
- Share & embed: Every project can be shared with others
- NPM dependency module installation.
- Allows embedding your sandbox anywhere.
- Github integration.
- Live Collaboration: Edit sandboxes together in real-time.
- Private/Unlisted Sandboxes
- Monaco Editor: Same editing experience as VSCode.
- Open Source.
Plunker is an online community for creating, collaborating, and sharing your web development ideas.
- Real-time code collaboration
- Fully-featured, customizable syntax editor
- Live previewing of code changes
- As-you-type code linting
- Forking, commenting, and sharing of Plunks
- Fully open-source on GitHub under the MIT license
Turn a Git repo into a collection of interactive notebooks. With Binder, open Jupyter notebooks code repository in an executable environment, making your code immediately reproducible by anyone, anywhere.
- Enter your repository information: Provide the GitHub repository containing Jupyter notebooks.
- Binder will build a Docker image of your repository using the requirement file.
- A JupyterHub server will host your repository's contents.