Alternative (Similar) to vscode.dev.
vscode.dev brings VS Code to the browser. Open a folder on your local machine and start coding. No install required. It supports all major languages with some limitations.
- Good: For most programming languages, vscode.dev gives you code syntax colorization, text-based completions, and bracket pair colorization. Using a Tree-sitter syntax tree, we're able to provide additional experiences such as Outline/Go to Symbol and Symbol Search for popular languages such as C/C++, C#, Java, PHP, Rust, and Go.
- Best: For many "webby" languages, such as JSON, HTML, CSS, and LESS, the coding experience in vscode.dev is nearly identical to the desktop (including Markdown preview!).
Best vscode.dev Alternatives
The collaborative browser-based IDE - Replit. Replit is a simple yet powerful online IDE, Editor, Compiler, Interpreter, and REPL. Code, compile, run, and host in 50+ programming languages. Run and save code anytime, anywhere on your browser. Replit works on every device with a web browser – including Chromebooks.
- Third-party packages
- Files and live updates
- Hosting and Deployment
- Replit Classroom: Powerful tools built to teach and learn, Invite students, Autograding and progress tracking, Share code and classrooms
- Embed running code on your website or blog.
StackBlitz - The online code editor for web apps. It is powered by Visual Studio Code. StackBlitz brings VS Code’s state-of-the-art editing experience to the browser.
- Intellisense, Project Search, Go to Definitions, and other Visual Studio Code features
- Import any NPM package into your project
- Preview & debug in a separate window
- Keep on editing, even if you go offline: StackBlitz utilizes Progressive Web App API’s to run a live dev server in-browser
- Share & embed: Every project can be shared with others
- NPM dependency module installation.
- Allows embedding your sandbox anywhere.
- Github integration.
- Live Collaboration: Edit sandboxes together in real-time.
- Private/Unlisted Sandboxes
- Monaco Editor: Same editing experience as VSCode.
- Open Source.
Plunker is an online community for creating, collaborating, and sharing your web development ideas.
- Real-time code collaboration
- Fully-featured, customizable syntax editor
- Live previewing of code changes
- As-you-type code linting
- Forking, commenting, and sharing of Plunks
- Fully open-source on GitHub under the MIT license