Collaboration and Communication Platform is an essential part of modern business. It is not always possible that your entire team is present in one place. The company might have multiple office premises and locations, or some of your employees might be connecting from home, or you are a startup where your entire team member connects remotely. Collaboration tools allow different teams and team members to communicate and work together effectively.
Standard features offered by Collaboration platforms:
- Schedule Video conferencing.
- Schedule team meetings.
- Group and 1 to 1 video call
- Chat with colleagues. Group and Private messaging.
- Upload and share files within your team and with anyone in your organization.
- Screen sharing
- Meeting recording
Best Business Collaboration and Communication Platforms
Teams is a communication and collaboration platform from Microsoft, launched the service worldwide on March 14, 2017. Teams allow you to chat, meet, call, and collaborate all in one place. Microsoft Teams brings meetings, chats, audio and video calls, files sharing to one place.
- Create Teams and channels for project
- Easily manage your team’s projects with file editing and sharing
- Connect face-to-face with HD audio and video calling
- Create and manage meetings
- Chat privately or in groups
- Search your chats and team conversations to quickly
Teams comes with Office 365 subscription and it also has a free plan. The free plan comes with limitations like scheduling the meeting, size of the file sharing and storage.
Slack is the collaboration hub that brings people together to get work done. Slack began as an internal tool for Stewart Butterfield's company, and the platform was launched in August 2013.
- Teams and Channels: A single place for messaging, tools and files
- Integrations: Connect services such as Zendesk, Salesforce, JIRA and more to Slack
- voice or video calls
- File and Screen sharing
Slack comes with both a free and paid version. The free version has a limitIons like only one to one void and video call, access to only the latest 10k messages. The paid version, which starts at around $3, offers group voice and video calls of up to 15 participants.
Zoom is an enterprise video and audio conferencing platform founded by Eric Yuan, a former Cisco Webex engineer in 2011. Zoom collaboration platform helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together.
- HD video and Audio Conferencing
- Instant or scheduled meetings
- Private and group chat
- Screen share
- Share files and search content
Zoom platform is free for up to 100 participants, with a 40-minute time limit. Paid plan starts with 15$ (approx.) which provides up to 24hrs of meeting